Despite his intense work schedule, Eugene is talking to me on the phone from the bus, which brings the national team of Ukraine to the European Championship in Bulgaria.
- Eugene, how is your mood before Europeans?
- The mood as always good, health also!
- I often think of your performance 5-6 years ago at the Ukrainian Nationals, when you're waged an intense fight for the prize. When did you realize that you can go to the European and global level?
- For a long time I was ranked second after Rustam Babayev. And only then, when Rustam released from selection for Europe and the World Championships, I went to the first place of the Ukrainian League.
- That is, the main "irritant" in armwrestling for you was Rustam Babayev?
- Well, let's say, not an "irritant" but the athlete whom wanted to take over, who held a very high position in the world of armwrestling.
- You have to travel a lot, which city and country do you remember most?
- Turkey is very memorable - the perfect combination of competition and recreation, lasting impression. In my memory there are tangerines growing on trees and you can just take and eat it! Impressive!
- Soon we will see you in the USA, in armfight against Tim Bresnan. What fights with the Americans are the most memorable for you?
- I fought Dave Chaffee, Tim Bresnan, other athletes of USA Team - all athletes are very worthy and memorable. I want to go to Las Vegas and see the American armwrestling with my own eyes!
- Tell me, what is the role of your family in the sport? Do they support and help you?
- I can say that the family supports me very actively from the very beginning of my career. They enjoy my victories, and always worry about me.
- Who in the family is the most active fan?
- Father. He watches my every performance, track results on the Internet, watches live broadcasts and he is the first to congratulate me with victories.
- I wish you good luck at the European Championship and deserved medals on the podium!
- Thank you, I will do my best!