In 10 days in Italy we’ll see a series of armfights at the Supermatch tournament. One of the sportsmen, who will take part in these fights, will be Italian superheavyweight armwrestler Manuel Battaglia.
Manuel, tell, please, about yourself.
– I am 27 years old, I am a farmer and I live in Brescia close to Garda's lake. On the 21 of February I became father for the first time.
How did you choose armwrestling?
– Since 2010, after a very important knee injury playing rugby; I started to practice armwrestling and now it is my sport. I won 4 times the Italian champion title with right arm and 2 times with left arm.
When you had a proposition to pull with Sabin Badulescu, why did you agree?
– One month ago, a President of our Federation Claudio Rizza proposed me this Vendetta and I agreed, because it is a pleasure for me to fight with a champion like Sabin Badulescu.
Do you know how to fight with him?
– No, I have not any idea. I pulled with him last year in Bulgaria but I don't know his weak and strong points.
So what do you expect from the fight?
– I hope to win of course, for myself and for my big friend Davide Cappa. He lost, in Paris, his Vendetta against Sabin Badulescu.
We’ll expect for a friend revenge and great fights between Manuel and Sabin. Stay tuned with armpower.net and get an opportunity to watch Italian Vendettas live!