How long did you go to the prize place at Europeans? How do you think, what interrupted you to get it earlier?
– I've started to train seriously as an athlete in 2013 for the vendetta with Davide Kappa. I could have get the silver medal in 2015 at 110 kg but my decision for that year was to participate in 100 kg category, so I've made a drastic weight loss.
Who was your toughest rival and why?
– I didn't feel any of my adversaries to be spectacular, considering the multiple European and world titles they have. All I felt was the weight difference (20 kg and 40 kg above my weight).
In qualification for the final, I made a false start and then we started the match from referee grip. I made a false start again and I stopped as soon as I realized that but the referee let the match continue, which he should not have done according to the rules. I asked him, after the match, why he didn’t stop the match because I stopped and he laughed and told me that I deserved that.
Did you prepare to fight with some special rivals on your workouts?
– I did't make any special training for anyone, I'm training only to achieve my highest potential.
What, as for you, didn’t allow you to get higher place?
– I think the weight difference was the impediment in achieving the higher place.
Who surprised you at the championship?
– I was pleasantly surprised by Viorel Dobrin in all his matches, Cvetan Gashesvki and Ioan Puscasu in his match against Krasimir Kostadinov.
Tell, please, about your plans.
– I will continue to train seriously, I hope to have no injuries and I my goal is to win the world title in + 110 kg category being the participant with the smallest weight.