Vitaly Laletin, a world champion from Krasnoyarsk, first appeared vividly after defeating Andrey Pushkar at the Zloty Tur in 2016 and took second place in the open weight for his right hand with its own weight of about 105 kg. ()
And despite the fact that many believe that Vitaly was very lucky with genetics, his long-term workout, which began in his 13 years in 2002, is behind his victories.
Vitaly, what motivated you to go in for sports?
- My brother - master of sports in arm wrestling. He trained, I also wanted to try, I liked it and I stayed in the sport.
Did you do anything before armwrestling?
- I tried rugby and freestyle wrestling before armwrestling, but I didn’t like the coach, and a lot depends on the coach.
Do you have a coach now?
- No, I train on my own.
You say that bending iron nails helps you in arm wrestling. Can you explain how?
- When bending the iron, the lateral joints works very well, the side holds better, the hand, fingers and back become stronger.
You work in cargo. How do you train on the road?
- I worked in cargo transportation, I traveled a lot but trained a little. It was possible to do a workout only in the intervals between work. Now I drive less, I manage the same freight traffic more.
Are you often compared to the hero of Sylvester Stallone Lincoln Hawk?
- Yes, people often compare me with Stallone hero. Many people ask if I have such a trainer in the car as in the film. No, of course, I do not have such a trainer. Maximum what I have in car is an expander.
Do other truck drivers try to test your strength?
- They almost do not try. Many people know me, others see my physique and do not even want to try.
Tell the most interesting and fun story related to work.
- Somehow, some Uzbeks offered me pull in the southern fruit market. They brought me one person, the second, the third, the fifth, I won everybody, and then they loaded my full car with watermelons and melons.
Over the past couple of years you have significantly improved your form. What is the reason?
- Well, of course, every year a person grows up, becomes stronger, I think, develops up to 35 years. Proper training plus experience.