Levan Saginashvili admitted: he is preparing for a meeting with Tim Bresnan responsibly, considering the American a difficult opponent. But Levan’s fears were not justified, and he won easily enough. Although if in terms of the physical Levan was definitely stronger, then in the psychological sense, the nerves made themselves felt, because you should not underestimate the opponent. But still: was it even a little difficult for Levan?
Levan, what do you remember about Malaysia?
- Malaysia is remembered by me first and foremost by kind and polite people. I made a lot of good friends. And the fact that it was very hot and beautiful there
You gave Tim the opportunity to pull in his style. Did you at some moment feel threatened by him?
- I immediately felt during the first round that I was stronger, and then I let him use the technique he wanted.
It seemed that Tim was calm, and you were nervous during the breaks, you were rather intensively kneading your hand. Is it so?
- Yes, I was stretching my arm very intensively, and I want say a lot of thanks to Dmitry Shmyko for help, because I am always nervous at competitions.
Were you a little tired after the fight? Or could spend the second and third stage of the Top-8 immediately?
- No, I was not tired. I think I can pull in another one Vendetta in a row (laughs - ed.).
What other pairs fights did you like?
- I liked the Ongarbayev and Kurdecha duel. It was an interesting struggle. They are both great, they pulled to the end.