Vitaly, although you are no longer drive a lot, what was your longest trip?
- One of the most distant was a trip to Moscow. I drove to China to. Now I drive too, but not on very long distances, a maximum of 1000 kilometers.
What new things would you like to learn?
- Well, I can do so much, so I never thought about it. I would like to learn English, of course. And probably do not want anything else.
Are you equal in strength with Dmitry Silaev? Do you think sparrings with him help you develop better?
- Let me say, Dmitry was stronger than me before Zloty Tur last year, but I couldn’t test my strength with him, because I was preparing for the Worlds, and I had no time to train for fight with him, more precisely, I have no opportunity. But at the moment I am stronger than him on the right and left hand. In general, yes, training with Dmitry is very helpful. He is a very strong opponent, very powerful. And it is a bit uncomfortable for me, so it’s only fun to fight with him.
How do you motivate yourself to train? Does it ever happen when you don’t want to go to the gym? How do you solve this problem?
- Well, how do I motivate ..., I go to the Internet, I watch how my guys train, what their form is. I remember my losses. This is my only motivation.
What do you think, what age is suitable for starting arm wrestling?
- I think an age of 13 years is suitable for starting arm wrestling, not earlier. And no later than 16-17 years.
What exercise of those that you perform, consider the most effective and why?
- There are a lot of effective exercises. But most of all I focus on the angle and wrist. And on the fingers... And on the back, and on the biceps. And on everything, in general.
What do you think, what armwrestler for you is the most uncomfortable in the fight?
- For me, Ivan Matyushenko is an uncomfortable athlete. I pulled with him and it was very hard. I am trying to impose my struggle on him, and he tries to do the same with me. So, while the most uncomfortable athlete for me is him.