Having won Malaysian Nationals, Abigail has very serious plans for IFA Worlds 2019. This will be her next step to participation in the most prestigious professional armwrestling tournament Zloty Tur World Cup when she turns 18.
Abigail, how long have you been doing armwrestling?
- I’m armwrestling for 4 years already. It was my father who forced me at the beginning..and now I love this sport. Before that I was very fond of drawing and I still like to draw sometimes. ]
Who trains you?
- In the beginning it was my father and then Mr. Goh Tian Weai became my coach. I train 5 days a week, 2 hours a day.
What do you think is more important - working with iron/loads or sparring at the table?
- The most important part is to be patient, follow programs set by coach.
Do you have sparring partners?
- Yes I have Miss Bernice she is also Malaysian champion in below 75kg. We have 4 girls in the club: me, Bernice, Tracey and Crynera.
Do you have any achievements or titles in armwrestling?
- By now my trophies are: Malaysia National Armwrestling Championship 2019, Women’s right overall, Champion; Malaysia National Armwrestling Championship 2019, Women’s right 75KG+, Champion; Sarawak State Armwrestling Championship 2019, Women’s right 75KG+, Champion; 4th Premier 101 International Charity Armwrestling Championship 2019, Women’s right 75KG+, Champion; Malaysia National Armwrestling Championship 2018, Women’s right 75KG+ and many more local tournament competitions.
Who is your role model in sports and life?
- My role models in life are two men: my father Stephen Kee and Kydyrgali Ongarbaev.
How do people react when they find out that you are engaged in armwrestling?
- Normally they say: “Abigail, please don’t break my arm!”.
What competitions would you like to take part at?
- My dream is to take part in Zloty Tur Professional World Cup, of course.
What do you do besides armwrestling?
- Usually I spend my free time shopping, drawing, playing games on my phone, watching Youtube.
Abigail Kee is the current number 1 female athlete in Malaysia.