Levan, please share your impressions of the second stage of the Top 8.
- It was interesting to visit China, I have never been there before.
Kydyrgali constantly beat at one point - he tried to open your wrist and fingers. If the fight was more than six rounds, in what round did he manage to do it?
- Yes, he tried to open my wrist and fingers, but even when the referee put me forward with an open wrist, he still didn’t succeed. Even if there were 20 rounds, Kydyrgali would have failed his idea.
Did you expect Ongarbaev to use anything else against you besides the tactics he chose?
- I did not expect his fight at all. He ran away from the fight all the time, and I just caught him. My friends from the gym have similar pulling style. Almost all of his starts were elbow fouls, but I don’t know why the referees did not point out this and did not give fouls.
Under what conditions could he even win against you?
- With no conditions, he could not win and will never win against me.
Only the duel with Laletin separates you from the victory in the Top-8. What do you think this fight will be like?
- If there is fair refereeing, then 6-0 in my favor :)
Get an access to the Second stage of Top-8 championship and Professional World Cup "Zloty Tur"