9th of February in Istanbul will happen a historical event. We’ll see the first tournament, affiliated by Unified Rating of Professional Armwrestling, an armfight between Engin Angry Turk Terzi and Mindaugas The Bender Tarasaitis.
Both Engin and Mindaugas are not shy in comments on Facebook, so their fight has already begun. We asked Mindaugas about his vision of the fight.
Mindaugas, why did you agree to pull with Engin?
– Engin offered me an armfight and I agreed because that's what I like doing. Especially the supermatch format. The trip to Turkey is paid and I would also get 1000 USD if I win. Which is a nice bonus! He knows more about his intentions behind the offer.
How do you prepare to this fight? Are you going to use toproll? Do you think it is an effective technique?
– Engin kept saying that he is as strong now as during Zloty. And I was able to add quite a bit of power due to increased training time and loads of good beef. I have never felt this good. But I cannot tell you much about the technique which I am planning to use, but I call it "the Bender". It works beautifully against the toproll!
What’s at stake for you?
– This match is very important to me, I cannot afford any more losses. Here’s nothing personal, but I will be having a lot of fun during the match. If everything goes as planned, I should even be able to perform the "Dad move". I just hope Engin can take all that madness
Engin told he is going to quit armwrestling. What are you plans?
– After this I will go to Arnold's classic in USA and meet my new friends Geoffrey Hale and Sam Harris.
Do you have something to tell Engin?
– I would like to wish Engin some good luck. He will need a lot of it!
Will special technique of Mindaugas help him to win Angry Turk? There are many things behind this fight, so we will watch over it. We wish good luck to Mindaugas!