We don’t see this Iranian athlete so often at competitions but he likes to pull at the professional championship. Mehdi Abdolvand lets everyone to see in what shape he is now but what does he think about his chances to win?
Mehdi, tell us about your preparations for the Zloty Tur?
– I have started my training for the Zloty Tur for about two months. I have an armwrestling training to work with weightlifting once a week. I am in good physical condition. My competition weight will be about 160 kg.
Last year you pulled well, are you set for a better result this time?
– Yeah, last year after Zloty Tur I worked on my weaknesses.
Compared to last year – in what spots did you get better? Can you show your best shape?
– I'm getting better in terms of speed and technique, and I'm very pleased with myself and I will be in the best condition for this tournament.
- Who do you think would be your toughest rival?
– My closest competitors are Dmitry Silaev and Mirtaleh Aslanov. I hope I have a great competition with these friends.
- What can you say about Vendetta pairs?
– The competition between Andrey Pushkar and Michael Todd will be interesting for me at Vendetta. I respect Michael and I hope to win this competition. It is a pleasure for me to be alongside these great men.