Michael, to be honest – you didn’t expect that Ermes was so strong?
– No, I didn't expect him to be as strong as he was. I expected the same Ermes from Zloty Tur and he gained approximately 10kg and was VERY STRONG!
You let him win two fights. How did it happen?
– The first fight was my mistake, I didn't tighten my hand on the go & that allowed him to walk my hand @ loosen the strap.
The 2nd fight, the only mistake I made was not keeping the match in the center or my side of the table & he was able to put enough pressure to get my arm to the bone lock & I had to let up due to pain.
Did Ermes find your weak point?
– They told me that they built a tool "The Todd Pipe" specifically to transition from a top roll to a press!
Did you find his ones?
– I didn't really find a weakness, I just knew that if I keep the match in the center or my side of the table, he would either foul out or I would eventually pin him (kind of how Crazy George beats a lot of his opponents, they either foul out or he eventually pins them).
What is the most effective way to fight with Gasparini?
– U believe you need to have strong cupping strength & a good hook!
What are your general impressions about the tournament?
– I always enjoy the SuperMatch in Italy, but this was definitely my most difficult victory of the 4 times I've competed there.
What are your plans?
– I plan to enjoy the rest of my vacation & then get home & back to training! I haven't fully recovered from my pec injury, but should be ready for my Vendetta with Pushkar this summer!