It could be called total domination. Romanian superheavyweighter Sabin Badulescu showed his skills in the five-round challenge with Manuel Battaglia. Was it easy to cope with his old rival?
Sabin, tell, please, about yourself. What do you do besides armwestling?
– I am economist. Also I have a great team to training. Badulescu Armwrestling team by Mens Mentis is first real team from Romania. I train my team, try to make some statistics, analyze and develop myself.
Why did you decide to do armwrestling?
– I decide to do armwrestling after I need to stop boxing when I was national vice-champion at 14 years old. My first attempt to do sports was at 6 years old when my brother Gerald beat me easy... And he told me: “You will never win against me”. Then everything started in my soul and mind. I answer to him: “One day you will not beat me anymore”. And once I beat few world champions, European champions in same day at a world cup.
But I think it is impossible to do boxing and armwrestling at the same time because it is different kind of pressure on muscles and joints.
You had an armfight with one of the strongest Italian heavyweighter – Manuel Battaglia. How was that?
– It was a great honor for me to fight with Emanuel. We meet in October last year at worlds and he beat me easy on left.
It was good fight for me. I studied my rival a lot and trained for what I need to do. I have many years of pulling and experience but at this level if you are really stronger – you win.
How did you think, what it was not enough to Manuel to win?
– Maybe he needed more side pressure and stronger grip in fingers.
What are your plans?
– My plans are to train like usual, win national championship both hand and open easy, to fight in final at European, win my tournament vs 100 national champion wrestling without break.
We wish Sabin to show his best at Europeans and make his wishes come true. See him at European championship!