Magzhan, can you tell us about your preparations for the Worlds-2017? What stage are you currently preparing at?
- The World Championship for us, as for all athletes, is a special tournament, and for this championship we are preparing for 100%. Now I'm at the final stage of my training, like all athletes of our club, I'm already finishing a heavy load.
Does everything go according to plan and without injury? Do you have time to reach the peak of the form for the championship?
- Yes, everything follows according to definite plan and without injuries. Now I feel good physically and mentally. I think that at the championship I will be at the peak of my form.
This time you will perform in the category of up to 75 kg. Do you plan to change the weight category in the future?
- Yes, I will again perform in the category of up to 75 kg. For this category I have to lose about 2-3 kg. At the moment I weigh 78 kg. Next year I plan to pull in the category of up to 80 kg.
At the last World Championship you had two bronzes and this year you are one of the top favorites of the category.
Do you think this time you can become a champion? Who do you consider your main rivals?
- There are no weak rivals at the World Championships, because all participants are champions of their countries. But I can especially highlight Davit Samushia from Georgia and Khetag Dzitiev from Russia. But the favorite in the category is a member of our club, the current world champion - Shynbolat Raikhanov. But I'm ready to show the best result and I hope to become the world champion.
Did you follow the struggle at the Europeans-2017? What can you say about the winners of your category, for example about Betkili Oniani from Georgia?
- Yes, I watched the fights at the European Championship. It was very interesting to watch the fight of Betkili Oniani, he is good, like all the sportsmen of the Georgian national team.
What can you say about the readiness of your club for the upcoming championship?
- We are very responsible. At this World Championship our club "Shardara Armsport" will be represented by 13 athletes. I think that all of them will show a high result.
Magzhan Shamiev is able to surprise, he always shows a good form and pulls to the last. We believe that he is one of the main contenders for the victory and we wish him and his team good luck in the upcoming Worlds.