Krasimir Kostadinov is the undisputed star of the Bulgarian armwrestling. The athlete who won and was a prize-winner in all possible top tournaments in heavy weight categories and open classes. He won against Arsen Liliev at the peak of his career and more than once gave a very serious rebuff to the strongest armwrestlers in the world. ()
Krasimir, there are few people who do not know that you are a champion, you have won for many years in a row. But do you remember how many world, European and World Championships and Professional Cups are in your championship box?
– I won 7 times World Championship, 8 times – European Championship and 4 times – Zloty Tur.
You're a bit slimmer than you were. You no longer plan to compete in the heavyweight category, or is it temporary and you will gain weight?
– I'm trying to gain weight again and pull heavyweights.
Sasho Andreev every year increases his power results, and his weight too. Do you fear to see him in your weight class?
– If we meet, we will pull and find out who is stronger.
Recently, PAL has created a professional armwrestling rating – URPA, and you are in this ranking as the champion of Zloty Tur on your left hand and the bronze medalist on your right. According to URPA, participants in the rating can hold armfights with each other. Would you like to challenge someone?
– Yes, I want to compete with Levan Saginashvili, Denis Tsyplenkov, Dave Chaffee and Devon Larratt.
You pulled recently with Chaffee in competitions in America. Were you not ready then and you want revenge, or you just become stronger every year and need to try again and again?
– I want to pull Chaffee again, because if we could meet again, I will prepare and pull in a completely different way.
What is your opinion on URPA, how useful is its creation for world armwrestling?
– I think it should be done a long time ago, but it is rather difficult to organize it so that everything is fair, because there is not so much money in armwrestling, and not everyone can afford to go to many tournaments.