Dmitry Silaev is young and, perhaps, one of the most promising heavyweights of the planet. He was first seriously talked about after his impressively confident victory over Khadzhimurat Zoloev in 2014, after that in 2015 and 2017, he won 4 medals in the super heavy and open weight classes of Zloty Tur. In 2018, he became the absolute champion of the tournament for his left hand, but in fights for his right, he was seriously injured and could not continue the fight. ()
Dmitry, tell me how successfully did you heal the injury?
- I healed the injury well, there is a slight inconvenience, but doctors said everything will pass with time and I can already fully train.
How much time did you spend on treatment, how much on recovery?
- It took six months to heal the shoulder, now I stand at the table and fully fight.
Have you already returned to your condition of the level of the last Zloty Tur?
- I didn’t return to the condition of the Zloty Tur, I just started training, but by the next tournament I will be even stronger.
Do you consider this injury a consequence of a technical error, and can this be avoided in the future?
- Dislocation of the shoulder which I got, is an accident there was no dangerous situation. Apparently, it should have happened. For 12 years of training, it was the worst injury for me ... But on the other hand, I took a good break, and now small injuries do not bother me, I can fully prepare.
What are your plans for competitive armwrestling, where do you plan to pull in the future?
- I plan to fly with Laletin to the second stage of Top-8, to support my friend and to pull in parallel at the tournament, which will be held after the Top-8, and at the Zloty Tur itself. I have such plans for 2019.
Please comment on the results of the past first stage of the Top-8. Was everything so expected for you or did someone surprise you?
- Prudnik surprised and Ongarbayev. Evgeniy showed a new shape of a heavyweight. Ongarbayev surprised me because he was physically weaker and had little time to prepare for Kurdecha, but he managed to translate the course of five rounds to his side. I convinced not once that he is a smart athlete.