Kydyrgali Ongarbaev is another athlete who came to replace the retired in the Top-8. What does Kydyrgali think about this and how will he prepare in such a short time? ()
Kydyrgali, when you received an invitation to participate in the Top 8, how did you feel?
- It was an unexpected turn for me, and a very big responsibility. Since I am the first athlete from Shardara who has received such honor and good luck. This is a historical moment for me, for Kazakhstan and for my club.
Are you satisfied with the opponent you got?
- I used to see him pulling. He is 50 kg heavier and a very strong, huge and talented fighter with character. And the rest - the table will show.
Time is short, how will you prepare? Will you make any radical changes in training?
- After the championship of Kazakhstan, which took place in the city of Shymkent, I had a rest, I did not know that I would pull in the Top-8. When I found it out - an hour later I started training.
There are a couple of weeks to prepare, and I think I will pick up the form at least 60-70 percent of the maximum. But I will put my heart out in a fight for one hundred percent, because I want to prove to all ill-wishers my strength and the fact that Igor Mazurenko chose me for Top-8 for some reasons.
How do you think, how can the places in the standings after the first stage?
- I do not know. All those who compete in the Top-8 grid are strong, top athletes of the world. Time and the table will show.
Who do you think will be your opponent in the second stage?
- I will prepare for the second stage for one hundred percent. And I think I will be ready for one hundred percent. I do not care with whom I will fight. I will try to win! I wish all my rivals training without injury. And friendship between the federations. This is a blessing for our sport, which we love very much!
You can learn more detailed information about the Top-8 and get access to viewing the event on the website armbets.tv
Nobody comes for the loss, - Trubin
Klaidas Marčiukaitis: I am worrying only about my weight
Tim Bresnan: I'm not afraid to pull top guys
Saginashvili-Bresnan: a simple fight?